For operators in the fertilizer industry we develop technical safety studies and services with specific targets:
- Reduce production downtime,
- Optimize process and safety in operation, and
- Ensure compliance with national and international legislation.
The following technical analysis and studies address the issues related with production optimization, operational troubleshooting and plant integrity.
The main beneficiaries of these studies are Production and Maintenance departments.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) studies,
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Assessment (FMECA),
- Identifying bottlenecks in the production
- Optimizing maintenance schedule,
- Identifying equipment maintenance priorities on failure,
- Detailed constructability reviews,
- Contribute in daily operation and supervision,
- Ensuring plant integrity is maintained,
- Updating and correcting documentation for the relevant systems,
- Assisting projects with ammonia and urea expertise.
To increase the safety in operation we must address not only the HSE aspects but more important the Process Safety aspects.
AICHE define Process Safety as: a disciplined framework for managing the integrity of operating systems and processes handling hazardous substances by applying good design principles, engineering, and operating practices.
For fertilizer plants in operation we provide specific studies and services to help maintaining the integrity of the operation and prevent major accident hazards.
- Manage and review change request to enhance plant performance and safety,
- Identify and develop continuous improvement projects “in-house”,
- Participate in multi-functional audits of procedures and performance standards,
- Interface with national or regional regulatory bodies,
- Ongoing support for Safety Report update,
- Peer review of third party process safety documentation,
- Configuration and management of company hazards and risk register,
- Safety Critical Equipment identification,
- HAZID/HAZOP studies,
- Human Factor Engineering,
- Risk Based Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA),
- Case specific risk assessment.